Paternity and Father’s Rights

If you are a father to a child and not married to the mother of that child, it is essential for you to be fully aware of your rights in Florida. According to Florida Law, if you are not married to the mother of your child at the time of the child’s birth your rights may be limited. Even if your name is on the birth certificate, if you are not married to the child’s mother, you may have a hard time seeing your child or making decisions about the upbringing of your child. That is why it is essential to establish paternity as early as possible.

It is necessary for fathers in this situation to establish their rights through Florida courts. Winston Law, P.A. represents clients on either side of a paternity action. In most cases there is no issue as to who is the biological father of the child, however formal paternity has to be established in order to be sure that child support is paid and the father has custody and timesharing rights with the child.

If you are a father wanting to establish a stable parenting plan to see your children, or if you are a mother who has been served with a paternity petition, or are interested in more information, feel free to contact Winston Law, P.A. at or (561) 670-9375.